In Memory of Cassandra

Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't sit around gossiping, explaining what your good man really can do Some women nowadays, Lord they ain't no good They will laugh in your face, Then try to steal your man from you Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't be no fool

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Nessun Dorma

Nessun dorma! Nessun dorma!
Tu pure, o, Principessa,
nella tua fredda stanza,
guardi le stelle
che fremono d'amore
e di speranza.

Ma il mio mistero e chiuso in me,
il nome mio nessun sapra!
No, no, sulla tua bocca lo diro
quando la luce splendera!

Ed il mio bacio sciogliera il silenzio
che ti fa mia!

(Il nome suo nessun sapra!...
e noi dovrem, ahime, morir!)

Dilegua, o notte!
Tramontate, stelle!
Tramontate, stelle!
All'alba vincero!
vincero, vincero!

-- puccini, From the opera Turandot

incredible performance of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k08yxu57NA

So I am not a big opera fan, but I love this aria, and I don't know a person alive who doesn't feel the emotion of living fill their chest and rush in waves through their body when they hear it done well. Puccini was a genius, and maybe captured a bit of love's magic in music when he wrote this into being. I shall win. At dawn, I shall win. God bless.

I went to a bbq at carmel's house, and aside from my brothers not being there, I had an incredibly wonderful time. So many people were there, I got a chance to talk with them all. My family was there to celebrate my graduation, and carmel, tina, maria, tully, trish, linda and silvio, and carmel's mother were there and so we reunited our italian vacation group. I really bonded with those people during that vacation, they took me in as their own and we were like family. Seeing them was really wonderful and I hope to see them again before too long.

I'm going to bed. and tomorrow.... VINCERO VINCERO VINCERO!



Here is the translation for those who don't know italian:

None must sleep! None must sleep!
And you, too, Princess,
in your cold room,
gaze at the stars
which tremble with love
and hope!

But my mystery is locked within me,
no-one shall know my name!
No, no, I shall say it as my mouth
meets yours when the dawn is breaking!

And my kiss will break the silence
which makes you mine!

(No-one shall know his name,
and we, alas, shall die!)

Vanish, o night!
Fade, stars!
Fade, stars!
At dawn I shall win
I shall win-
I shall win!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home