In Memory of Cassandra

Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't sit around gossiping, explaining what your good man really can do Some women nowadays, Lord they ain't no good They will laugh in your face, Then try to steal your man from you Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't be no fool

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Jolly Holiday

Ain't it a glorious day?
Right as a mornin' in May
I feel like I could fly
'Ave you ever seen
The grass so green?
Or a bluer sky?

Oh, it's a jolly holiday
With Mary
Mary makes your 'eart so light
When the day is gray
And ordinary
Mary makes the sun shine bright!

Oh 'appiness is bloomin'
All around 'er
The daffoldils are smilin'
At the dove
When Mary 'olds your 'and
You feel so grand
Your 'eart starts beatin'
Like a big brass band

Oh, it's a jolly holiday with Mary
No wonder that it's Mary that we love!

Now then what'd be nice
We'll start with raspberry ice
And then some cakes and tea
Order what you will
There'll be no bill
It's complimentary

Oh, it's a jolly holiday
With you, Bert
Gentlemen like you are few
Though your just a diamond
In the rough, Bert
Underneath your blood is blue!
You'd never think of pressing
Your advantage
Forbearance is the hallmark
Of your creed
A lady needn't fear
When you are near
Your sweet gentility is crystal clear!

Oh, it's a jolly holiday with you, Bert
A jolly, jolly holiday with you!

-mary poppins

SO. so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so SO.

=-)

I had an absolutely wonderful day. It started out a little crazy but turned into a wonderful time. Picnics are delightful and my picnic partner and I .... oh I'm a silly girl. So I don't know how long most picnics last, but I'd say mine was at least 7 hours long. Which I'd like to think at least deserves an honorable mention in the record annals of picnicing.

We had turkey sandwiches which I made, and we had melon and iced tea. We talked about which numbers we liked and which computations appealed to us. We talked about little kids, and all the many reasons I'd ever been in the park before. We talked about birds falling out of the sky and super powers, and gulliver's travels. We talked about my small hands and how many tennis balls I can hold at a time, and he climbed a tree to show me how awesomely handy his hands are too--- and to show off I think (truth is I egged him on. guys feel the pressure to deliver in those kinds of situations)

So I am exhausted and going to bed, but I wanted to have a record of my first picnic ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home