In Memory of Cassandra

Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't sit around gossiping, explaining what your good man really can do Some women nowadays, Lord they ain't no good They will laugh in your face, Then try to steal your man from you Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't be no fool

Saturday, July 28, 2007

We've finally reached saturday and it is noon. The time when normal people open their fridges and wonder what their lunch today will be. Lunch is a time of reflection for some on the events of the morning, for others lunch is a moment of daydream for what the future might hold. Lunch is the middle meal, the meal we eat because if we want to make it through the day, we're going to need a little extra push. For me, lunch is typically a hassel, I would rather not eat lunch unless I have lunch plans- and have turned to the special K diet for just as much a solution to my lunch annoyance as a weight loss plan. On the special K diet, you eat breakfast and then several hours later, you eat breakfast AGAIN! These geniuses over at special K have truly earned their name. No need to fret over turkey sandwiches with too much mayo, or soggy bread from pb&j's gone wrong. RELAX lunch eating americans, because special K has got you covered.

However, today is not any ordinary lunch day for me. Today I am very excited to be able to claim that I am going on a picnic. I've never actually been on one before so I'm sure there will be many myths busted along the way, but I figure it'll be a learning experience if nothing else. Though honestly, I have high hopes.

But before all that, and I'm sure I'll be writing about it later- let me deal with some things that have been on my mind that I'd like to work through quickly before I have exciting picnic events to relate.

So it's been a long week filled with several revelations that have not made me happy. I suppose you can't really group the two together, but they are both on my mind. the more serious one I don't really want to talk about, but I had a dream last night that I think was inspired by it. Last night I dreamed that I had a huge fight with my mom though the house we were living in was the old house of my childhood bestfriend claire. I don't remember what the fight was about, something superficial but I remember how Rod came to her defense. I had the same feeling I've had in the past whenever he (rarely) has gotten involved in our fights- that he should mind his business and leave us be. I woke up almost in tears. I realized that he's been a member of our family now for a long time, and he's always been good to us and looked after my mom. I know it's premature of me to imagine losing him, but then again, if you've ever heard the word you know its hard not to immediately imagine your life without them.

I love my family, all of them. I'm lucky to be loved by so many people, and I wish I wasn't so immature for it to take something like this to realize how little our awareness changes over time on its own.

The other thing that is on my mind is a friend who I miss. That's all I really want to say about that.

Okay, well this blog break has been brought to you by my family who decided to complicate today by needing to shower at the exact time I was getting in the shower, and then needing to take the only car the family owns that I can drive just when I needed to go foodshopping. As a result I have more time than I thought I would, because I rushed to do everything instead of taking the time I had planned to give myself. So yeah, time to make the sandwiches, and give the house a once over.

go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home