In Memory of Cassandra

Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't sit around gossiping, explaining what your good man really can do Some women nowadays, Lord they ain't no good They will laugh in your face, Then try to steal your man from you Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't be no fool

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Peach Trees

is true love a trip to china town
or being held in one's opium gaze
under the peach trees
there I'll sit and wait.

is true love a lone walk through bryant park
or being held in the month of may
under the peach trees
under the peach trees
under the peach trees

there I will be,
will be until you come and get me

cuz i'm so tired of waiting in restaurants
reading the critics and comics alone
with a waiter with a face made for currency
like a coin in ancient rome.

and i really do wish you were here next to me
cuz i'm going to see james dean
there I will be
oh under the peach trees
under the peach trees
under the peach trees with him

--rufus

averted eyes and stomach pains accompany me to class today. Had a good conversation with sean today, despite the fact I didn't go to the one class I have with him today. Funny how that happens. I went to the worst lecture ever today. Today was not the day to teach me culture. I was completely closed to it I guess. And considering that more than half the classes I'm taking this semester are meant to culture me, it's been a slow day. I should get going soon, I've got a psych exam, and then I've got to get back here to eat brower take out and get ahead in my work. Maybe I'll buy some ice cream. I wrote a paper yesterday about reflection. Occassionally referencing the journal i just finished reading and the topic of how to keep a productive journal. I'm not really interested in a method. I know that this works for me. It may just be unloading all the thoughts of the day, the physical pains of the day in some written form. But usually it works out that I figure something out about myself. Either I realize that I'm completely lost at the moment, or that I actually know myself a little.

usually i just ramble. and thats not as fulfilling, but acceptable. I come down too hard on myself everywhere else, I might as well just let me be.. me.. here.

it's been a weird week. maybe i should have paid more attention in science, or something.

i missed michelangelo today. kinda bummed about that. but i needed time to myself. plus, sean takes decent notes. ;-) even if he does wear cologne that smells like gasoline. whata stud.

and you my dear. well you help me make sense of it all. =-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home