In Memory of Cassandra

Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't sit around gossiping, explaining what your good man really can do Some women nowadays, Lord they ain't no good They will laugh in your face, Then try to steal your man from you Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't be no fool

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

One Man Guy

People will know when they see this show
The kind of a guy I am
They'll recognize just what I stand for and what I just can't stand
They'll perceive what I believe in
And what I know is true
And they'll recognize I'm a one man guy
Always was through and through

People meditate
Hey that's just great
Trying to find the inner you
People depend on family and friend
And other folks to pull them through
I don't know why I'm a one man guy
Or why I'm a one man show
But these three cubic feet of bone and blood and meat are all I love I know

'Cause I'm a one man guy in the morning
Same in the afternoon
One man guy when the sun goes down
I whistle me a one man tune
One man guy a one man guy
Only kind of guy to be
I'm a one man guy
I'm a one man guy
I'm a one man guy is me

I'm gonna bathe and shave
And dress myself and eat solo every night
Unplug the phone, sleep alone
Stay away out of sight
Sure it's kind of lonely
Yeah it's sort of sick
Being your own one and only
Is a dirty selfish trick

'Cause I'm a one man guy in the morning
Same in the afternoon
One man guy when the sun goes down
I whistle me a one man tune
One man guy a one man guy
Only kind of guy to be
I'm a one man guy
I'm a one man guy
I'm a one man guy is me


--rufus wainwright

Ok, so good for me for completely forgetting about the way kool concert I went to the other day and dwelling on life's lesser blessings.

first of all, if i have to be in close proximity with another 13 year old girl singing along to guster at the top of her high pitched snobby voice, i might just have to start kicking wildly. it was ridiculous, and painful. how is it that guster's harmonies can be so impressive and graceful, but their fans can be so one dimensional and shallow? Either way guster was a nice opener, and when rufus came out it was like outshining fireflies with a blow-torch.

He has the best voice ever, and he totally "sings his heart out, gives it his all" like ben folds said. He played a few songs off of his new album, well it'll be coming out soon so i guess i can call it his new album: Want Two. Some of the songs that he played that I knew were:

-Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk
-April Fools (which dan totally dug)
-Somewhere over the Rainbow (with his famous in her own right mom on piano ;Kate McGarrigle)
-Halellujah (which pleased us all very much)
-My Phone's On Vibrate For You (hehe so good)
-One Man Guy (with his brother and sister on backup, a song about his father Loudon Wainwright III)
-Pretty Things
-Gay Messiah's Coming
-Complainte de la butte
-and more that I can't recall.

Ben folds did a nice duet with rufus and had a good point in the song about people who talk too loud not giving a fuck, and the song gracie girl was definitely sweet. Other than that, a lot of his music sounded the same, and although rufus credited him with being a better pianist, he definitely wasn't as talented an artist or a performer.

i'll definitely go see rufus again. =-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home