In Memory of Cassandra

Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't sit around gossiping, explaining what your good man really can do Some women nowadays, Lord they ain't no good They will laugh in your face, Then try to steal your man from you Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't be no fool

Thursday, June 17, 2004

By My Side

dont you get ahead of me
and i wont leave you behind
if you get unhappy
wont you show me a sign
theres no love like lost love
and no pain like a broken heart

promises, promise is only a word
and when softly spoken, is never heard
and a heart is not a stone
and it's fragile, it's fragile when alone.

by my side. by my side.
wont you be by my side?

oh my care for you
is from the ground up to the sky
its over under up above
down below and to the side
theres no use in pretending
no use in saving face
for my love is never ending
and you are my saving grace

by my side. by my side.
wont you be by my side?


--ben harper

Realizations and revelations come at a price. They challenge us to be more than we were in our ignorance, or our denial. So here I am, awaiting the trials and challenges of the rest of my life, but moreso the next few of the immediate future. They don't have names, or times, but they are bound to come, as they always do, and now that the sting of realization has been mourned and the humbling began, I have no choice but to undertake a change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home