In Memory of Cassandra

Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't sit around gossiping, explaining what your good man really can do Some women nowadays, Lord they ain't no good They will laugh in your face, Then try to steal your man from you Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't be no fool

Saturday, July 17, 2004

It's fairly early, and I'm at home and anticipating what will be the first night without a goodnight kiss in a very long time.  Going out tonight was really nice, and Steve, Steve and Mike made me feel great, but the perk of being able to wear lipstick because you're not going to inconvenience anyone who tries to kiss you.... well that perk begins to fade as the night draws to a close.  Watching Ali and Pat walk off together reminded me that my situation was far different, and although at one time Steve and I were like that, much time has changed all that.
 
The movie was far from impressive.  Sure there were moments of visual grace, but for the most part it was just like every other will smith movie.  It's the formula for light humored action films.  Don't want you're viewers to be weighed down by the intensity of the dilemma?  Make the main man black, the head duo bi-racial and do everything you can to make the chief protagonists of another species.  Be sure to include artsy fartsy matrix-esque special effects and introduce stereotypical characters such as the nice old "GeeGee" to soften the 'bend to no one' exterior of our hero.   And of course, what flic would be complete without the production team showing their complete lack of faith in the audience-- shown in a brief moment of revelation when the chief evil-doer explains to the hero that it is in fact humanity that has brought this upon itself because of how we kill one another and destroy our planet. 
 
Sigh.  Just once I would like for a movie to all-BUT give me the "moral" that I'm supposed to have walked away with... who knows- maybe we all are morons who just want to be assured that for our 12.50 we get an airconditioned seat and a buttered popcorn to ease the passage of our youth. 
 
It really just kept reminding me of Planet of the Apes.

the fried mozzarella sticks are hurting my stomach.
 
other than that-- i had a blast.  And I got an invite to drop by and shoot shit with steve whenever my house turns into a big mound of boring.  Good deal, indeed.  =-)
 
thanks guys... for showing me a good time and reminding me of how great he and I really are together.  oh man, im gonna really miss him by sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home