In Memory of Cassandra

Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't sit around gossiping, explaining what your good man really can do Some women nowadays, Lord they ain't no good They will laugh in your face, Then try to steal your man from you Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't be no fool

Friday, December 28, 2007

keep a fire burning in your eye
pay attention to the open sky
you never know what will be coming down

i dont know what happens when people die
cant seem to grasp it as hard i try
its like a song i can hear playing right in my ear
that i cant sing, i cant help listening


-jackson browne


Work has been cancelled today due to a lack of interest. To be honest I just want to be out of here and in law school already. I'm antsy and depressed and life is just a disappointment right now. And I'm taking it out on other people rather than realizing that the person I'm really upset with is myself.



I've had a really shitty year. So have a lot of people. I think this year in general needs to just die a fiery death. I thought I'd be with joe on new years eve, and we could start things over. I would have liked that. Instead of that, I'll be starting the new year alone. Unlike some other people who are really excited about being single for new years, I am scared. It is just one day, but in anticipation of it, its a big deal. I'm tempted to not do anything for new years, but to sleep through it. Or to go somewhere far away. To get a tattoo or to write a letter to everyone I've lost this year.



I think I might like to change some things about my life. Maybe I'll go to church this sunday. I'm not sure if it will help, but maybe it'll give me a moment of something familiar and supportive. I need to read more. I need to read the paper more. Without the bliss and thoughtlessness that love gives, my life has some pretty big holes to be filled.



ps- i got a jens lekman cd for christmas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home