In Memory of Cassandra

Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't sit around gossiping, explaining what your good man really can do Some women nowadays, Lord they ain't no good They will laugh in your face, Then try to steal your man from you Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't be no fool

Friday, June 03, 2005

Peach Trees

Is true love a trip to china town?
Or being held in one's opium gaze?
Under the peach trees
There I'll sit and wait.

Is true love a lone walk through bryant park?
Or being held in the month of may?
Under the peach trees
Under the peach trees
Under the peach trees
There I will be,
-will be until you come and get me.

Cuz I'm so tired of waiting in restaurants
Reading the critics and comics alone.
With a waiter with a face made for currency,
like a coin in ancient Rome.

And I really do wish you were here next to me.
Cuz I'm going to see James Dean.
There I will be,
-oh under the peach trees
Under the peach trees
Under, under, under the peach trees with him.


--Rufus Wainwright

Just for awhile. I got two letters today, well they came yesterday but I only got them today. Perhaps it is the rareness of a letter or at least one that arrives carrying anything more than bills and junk, that infuses them with the romantic potential of stopping my heart and multiplying all that is sentimental and sweet about me by units of math beyond my comprehension. It's probably not wise to lay out all of my weaknesses in such a public and nondiscriminatory way, but I'm not in the mood to hide beneath my calluses.

I've got work tomorrow. Phil's Pills. Pedicure after that... perhaps see a boy I know after that. Let's recap the week shall we?

--friday night i drove up to rutherford and we watched Time Chasers
--saturday, dad, dan, jeff and I went to see my third viewing of Star Wars
--sunday we drive down to somerset to join jim to see Kicking and Screaming and then have dinner at Long Horn.
--monday, memorial day, i watched Platoon twice on Spike TV, met christina and elizabeth at starbucks for a few hours of fine refreshment and conversation, hung out a bit with aunt jeane at the family bbq, and closed off the evening with a repeat of Time Chasers with suzanne, some twisted honey wheat pretzels and a visit to my dark childhood in The Little Toaster
--tuesday night matt and i went to play pool and hang out for a bit
--wednesday i hung out with sean, met up with the boys and dad, and then had ice cream with christina
--thursday i headed back up to rutherford and went out to dinner with aunt carol, carmel and dad
--and here i am friday.. woke up in rutherford and had breakfast with aunt carol and carmel and enjoyed a pleasant chat as always, and then drove back to somerset, god i've started to really enjoy the peace that ride brings me... i've got plans later to check out a birthday party with my friend jim at his house in nb... then rest up for work tomorrow!

Good times. Thanks to people for saving my sanity. Grazie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home