In Memory of Cassandra

Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't sit around gossiping, explaining what your good man really can do Some women nowadays, Lord they ain't no good They will laugh in your face, Then try to steal your man from you Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't be no fool

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Walk on Me

Sometimes I wonder
If you're still here
Lookin’ out for anything
That could fall and hit your head

Fluorescent lights burn out in time dear
We see world in a different light
Did you give up?

Love is supposed to be this bad,
Make you cry mega ultra sad.
If I told you you’re all I ever had
Would you walk on me?
Because I wouldn't walk on you

If I was in your shoes
I wouldn't walk all over you
So please don't walk all over me
I wouldn't walk all over you
So please don't walk all over me

Right now I feel like its all ending
Spit me out sell me cheap
You'll never ever ever ever ever teach me to fly
In the sky it's early and still mornin’
All those smiles you made
Wanted to cry cause you gave up

Love is supposed to be this bad,
Make you cry stupid shady sad.
If I told you you’re all I ever had-
Would you walk on me?
Because I wouldn't walk on you

If I was in your shoes
I wouldn't walk all over you
So please don't walk all over me.
If I was in your shoes
I wouldn't walk all over you
So please don't walk all over me


--ben kweller

I don't usually blog so much anymore. At least not like I've been lately. While I was up at my dad's house I wrote in my journal, but now that I'm here again... it's the best way to order my orderless thoughts.

Orderless thought of the moment:

I was thinking about Yoda.


not the best photo, but for some reason i'm having trouble saving pictures, so this will have to do. Posted by Hello

(I just started writing and boy oh boy... it was orderless. So I'm going to look at yoda, and hopefully you'll be right there with me.)

Yoda, is perhaps the wisest of the jedi and most in touch with the spiritual way that is the "Force". He is a source of humor, and self-humility. He is a patient and affectionate mentor and is my own personal favorite jedi. In his younger days he personifies contemplation and although he is a fast-reflexed fighter, he is best known for the simplicity with which he lives through the Force.

Yoda is small, green, and has big ears. He walks with a cane, and has kind eyes. Also characteristic of Yoda is his speaking manner. Creator and original voice of Yoda was a man named Frank Oz who was also responsible for Yoda's reverse grammar.
Actors have a way of bringing their character alive by filling in the gaps that exist between the idea of a character and his recognizable existence before you. Frank Oz, through developing Yoda with this speech pattern, added an element to Yoda that is perhaps the most interesting to mention. There is something passive about his english. Also due to the nature and extra second it takes when listening to him to find meaning, it creates a need for patience that can be annoying, but ultimately makes perfect sense because of who is it, and what he's all about.

However, that said, I think that the annoyance is stronger with the prequels since the writing seems to be worse, give or take a few undeniable lines of gold.

Yoda faciliates many different moments of the epic when delicate ground is being tread. Most easily recalled is the moment in Episode III when Mace and Obi won and Yoda are talking about Anakin's negative reaction to being charged with the task of spying on the Chancellor, when the prophecy itself is brought into question and Yoda asserts what could be understood as the fallibility of religion.

There are many moments in my life when i wish I could sit down next to some shades and get some 900 year old advice. hehe alright well i think thats enough rambling for one afternoon. =-) may the Force be with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home