In Memory of Cassandra

Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't sit around gossiping, explaining what your good man really can do Some women nowadays, Lord they ain't no good They will laugh in your face, Then try to steal your man from you Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't be no fool

Sunday, January 09, 2005

To Keep My Love Alive

I've been married and married,
And often I've sighed,
I'm never a bridesmaid,
I'm always the bride.
I never divorced them-
I hadn't the heart.
Yet remember these sweet words
"Till death do us part."

I married many men,
A ton of them,
And yet I was untrue to none of them
because I bumped off ev'ry one of them
to keep my love alive

Sir Paul was a frail;
he looked a wreck to me.
At night he was a horse's neck to me
So I performed an appendectomy
To keep my love alive.

Sir Thomas had insomnia
he couldn't sleep at night.
I bought a little arsenic
he's sleeping now all right.

Sir Philip played the harp;
I cussed the thing.
I crowned with his harp
to bust the thing.
And now he plays where harps are
just the thing,
To keep my love alive,
To keep my love alive.

I thought Sir George had possibilities,
but his flirtations made me ill at ease,
and when I'm ill at ease
I kill at ease
To keep my love alive.

Sir Charles came from a sanatorium
and yelled for drinks in my emporium
I mixed one drink
He's in memorium
To keep my love alive.

Sir Francis was a singing bird
A nightingale. That's why
I tossed him off my balcony
To see if he could fly

Sir Athelstane indulged in fratricide;
He killed his dad and that was patricide
One night I stabbed him at my mattress side
To keep my love alive,
To keep my love alive.

--Rogers and Hart

I heard that song on JS's show today and thought it way too good to pass up. So here it is, for you all to enjoy... well kinda.

One more week and then back to school. One week in which I have to read a bit of the Illiad and a bit of the Odyssey. Right now I have a splitting headache to enjoy. I tried to make plans with katie for monday, but I just remembered that I have work monday night- so that won't do.

Joe's gone back up to school today, so that means I have to sleep in my own bed for the first time in a very long time. The futon is pretty comfortable, or maybe I just got used to it.

If only I had a car.

Steve's eagle ceremony was really nice. He looked pretty happy and so did everyone around him. Back at his house afterward, I met his grandmother on his mother's side and she was a sweet old lady. There aren't too many women in my family like that, they're all a bit rougher around the edges, which I don't really mind- to be honest.

My family went out to dinner tonight at Houlihans or someplace. I didn't go with them because I thought I was going to see Joe before he left for school. And although I'd rather see him, I don't wish I had gone with my family instead of being home alone. My mother has been nagging me so much lately that it's hard to be around her for too long. And although I'm never really around her "too long", I wasn't in the mood to go out to dinner with her.

I got a new phone, but my mother said I had to change my old voicemail message. So I tried to figure out how... and there is no section in the manual on how to do it, and no option on the menu, so I dont know. I dont really know what her problem is. I couldnt really care what it sounds like. But she doesnt seem to realize that nagging me "playfully" is only going to make me resent her for not noticing that I'm working on it.

Alright. Enough for now. My head hurts too much for me to be lonely, or even bored. So here goes the list:

call hurtado monday
call carmel monday
call katie monday
go to work monday
read illiad/odyssey
buy books
talk to general education dept
talk to english dept
talk to comp lit dept
talk to major declaration dept
get a new cord for my puter
pack for school
clean my room

... regain my sanity


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home