In Memory of Cassandra

Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't sit around gossiping, explaining what your good man really can do Some women nowadays, Lord they ain't no good They will laugh in your face, Then try to steal your man from you Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't be no fool

Monday, January 10, 2005

Ok so another compulsory update, I guess I've been thinking lately. I know I know... why?

I'm glad that all the church-going is over for now. If I had to hear one more time about the True Meaning of Christmas... I think I'd steal the baby jesus and dangle him over a balcony. I don't think there is a True Meaning of Christmas anymore... maybe there is, but maybe it's now just The Original Meaning of Christmas. Either way, I dont much care so long as I dont have to hear about it. I know what Christmas is. Christmas is a time to count your blessings and your dollars and see if you can make right with the people you oughta. It's a time when college students come home from school hopefully to a car that can take them away from their homes as quickly as they came. But anyway. I'm a bit cynical in the mornings.. and since it is 12:25 in the afternoon I guess I should just get on with it and pretend I'm different in the afternoons. ;-)

I was thinking about the christmas presents I have yet to use. The ones that were somewhat thoughtful, and yet still kinda just made up. And so thinking about my own goose egg presents I have to consider the gifts that I've given and if I've seen anyone using them either. As it turns out, half the presents I bought were either gifts for someone else to give someone I already bought for... or gifts that someone else told me I should buy someone. So I'm not really counting those because it's not really my thoughtfulness on trial there. But the gifts I got my mom, my dad, my brothers, christina, joe, and aunt carol:::::: those are the ones in question now.

-I got my mom gold earings which she wears all the time, and so I think, so far, so good.
-I got my dad 2 george carlin dvds and a framed photo of the guys and I, and that was good too.
-I got Jim 2 monty python dvds which he said he'd only seen one of, and so that was ok.
-I got dan the lamest gift, unfortunately I hate to say it. It was a practical one. I got him a 92 disc cd case, however I made him an awesome mix and put it in the first slot.... a mix he's been playing with great consistency: ie: good gift.
-I got christina earings and a necklace, cuz we both knew we weren't getting them elsewhere this christmas.
-I got joe a digital camera, and aside from taking 2 or 3 photos of me when he opened it, he didn't touch the thing until it was time for him to go back to school: ie: no bulls eye
-I got my aunt carol a christmas decoration from hallmark that is a singing snowman and snowdog that shake at the chorus of Jingle Bells. That was a hit, and I got her the anniversary edition of Mary Poppins, which is her favorite movie, at least dearest to her heart. So although I havent seen her watch it, I think it was a very thoughtful gift. heh I would have liked it.

So most of the gifts I gave, at least the ones I'm pretty much responsible for (give or take) were good ideas. And most of the gifts I got were good too. And everyone knows that gifts are the True Meaning Of Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home