In Memory of Cassandra

Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't sit around gossiping, explaining what your good man really can do Some women nowadays, Lord they ain't no good They will laugh in your face, Then try to steal your man from you Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't be no fool

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

If I Ever I Would Leave You

If ever I would leave you
It wouldn't be in summer.
Seeing you in summer I never would go.
Your hair streaked with sun-light,
Your lips red as flame,
Your face witha lustre
that puts gold to shame!

But if I'd ever leave you,
It couldn't be in autumn.
How I'd leave in autumn I never will know.
I've seen how you sparkle
When fall nips the air.
I know you in autumn
And I must be there.

And could I leave you
running merrily through the snow?
Or on a wintry evening
when you catch the fire's glow?

If ever I would leave you,
How could it be in spring-time?
Knowing how in spring I'm bewitched by you so?
Oh, no! not in spring-time!
Summer, winter or fall!
No, never could I leave you at all!


--Camelot

This musical is one of my favorites, partly because of the fun of it all, and partly because of the vanity that completely intoxicated me when I found anything resembling my own odd name somewhere real, somewhere public, somewhere outside me.

I've always thought my name was so special, so different, so beautiful that I hoped I'd look like a Genevieve someday. I don't think I've become what at that young an age I saw myself becoming, no cinderella transformation- but I guess I do feel more like my name is me. I couldnt imagine my name being anything else, and thats usually a good sign.

And I absolutely hate it when my comp apps TA calls my name during roll call. He says everyone's name as if he dreaded our existance, and I just hate it. I'd rather he just call me Purcell if that's the way he's going to be about it. I don't know if I'm alone in feeling this way, or if this means I'm too snooty or whatever, I just hate hearing him say it. Kinda like when special people say it, and I get all extra happy inside, warmer than I usally am. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Anyway, I didnt pick the song for that reason, hehe I sometimes feel like my blog is a space for me to be my own sorta DJ, I spin a song out there and then talk about how it sounds inside my head. Anyway, I picked the song because it' a good one, and because I've spent a lot of seasons with someone special in my life, and they are all more beautiful than the last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home