In Memory of Cassandra

Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't sit around gossiping, explaining what your good man really can do Some women nowadays, Lord they ain't no good They will laugh in your face, Then try to steal your man from you Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't be no fool

Monday, January 17, 2005

i need you to pretend that we are in love again
and you agreed to.
i want so badly to believe
that there is truth
that love is real
and i want life in every word
to the extent that it's absurd.

--the postal service (from: Clark Gable)

i try to be a rock.
but i have never been a rock.

it's martin luther king jr's birthday, and i am here to report that I have had a waking dream.
i have the smell in my clothes and the bags under my eyes are filled with the tokens of a soul's journey. have you ever been so close to something that you tingled with the anticipation of experience and knowledge: realization, but held back for fear of unredeemable loss? it is in sleeplessness, that distance between what we think of as accurate perception and the rawness of a fragility that seeks purest truth, in which I find a dream.

its a dream filled with certainty and love. a dream filled with the loneliness and companionship.
i have had a waking dream in which i was true.

if anything, the dream told me that I am not as good at loving as I thought.
and if it told me anything else it was that I'm not as good at being loved as I should be either.

tall words for a short girl.

You scored as Loner.

Loner

75%

Drama nerd

56%

Punk/Rebel

56%

Geek

31%

Goth

19%

Stoner

13%

Prep/Jock/Cheerleader

0%

Ghetto gangsta

0%

What's Your High School Stereotype?
created with QuizFarm.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home