In Memory of Cassandra

Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't sit around gossiping, explaining what your good man really can do Some women nowadays, Lord they ain't no good They will laugh in your face, Then try to steal your man from you Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't be no fool

Friday, July 01, 2005

Walking Afer You

Tonight I'm tangled in my blanket of clouds
dreaming aloud
things just won't do without you matter of fact
I'm on your back
If you walk out on me
I'm walking after you

If you'd accept surrender
give up some more
weren't you adored
I cannot be without you matter of fact
I'm on your back

If you walk out on me
Im walking after you
another heart is cracked in two
Im on your back


-- foo fighters

My greatest strength (that I'll admit to) has been hushed and subdued by the trickery with which my snobbish hands manipulate my feet. The sense that something Great is possible, a sublime tickle on your neck that is gone before the common girl has a chance to wonder of it's meaning. I suppose that's the first mistake. Or maybe there are no mistakes, just some journeys that are longer than others. How our minds have convinced us of our own grounding truth. But I have to imagine that our inklings to find meaning and labels and borders and understanding is what drags us away from that tingling moment, that subconscious realization of life and majesty.

I'm tired and distracted.

"wherever that wind might blow, wherever that river rolls, you know I will go with you."

--tom petty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home