In Memory of Cassandra

Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't sit around gossiping, explaining what your good man really can do Some women nowadays, Lord they ain't no good They will laugh in your face, Then try to steal your man from you Women be wise, keep your mouth shut, don't advertise your man Don't be no fool

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Sad Songs And Waltzes

I'm writing a song all about you.
A true song as real as my tears.
But you've no need to fear it
Cause no one will hear it.

Sad songs and waltzes aren't selling this year.
I'll tell all about how you cheated.
I'd like for the whole world to hear.
I'd like to get even
With you cause you're leavin'.

But sad songs and waltzes aren't selling this year.
It's a good thing that I'm not a star.
You don't know how lucky you are.
Though my record may say it,
No one will play it.

Sad songs and waltzes aren't selling this year.
It's a good thing that I'm not a star.
You don't know how lucky you are.

--Cake

What is it like to be new? To have the energy and enthusiasm to approach everything as if it held the secret to happiness; possibility in the wind.

Something about today feels new. Today is christina's birthday, making her officially 19 years old. I feel like a senior citizen. Not just because I've taken to frequent napping or early dining, but because today marks the final count-down week of my teens. Everything important to me happened during my teen years. First boyfriends, first plays, so much of my fondest memories... all teenage escapades.

I know the song doesnt exactly go with my entry thus far, but at the same time that I'm feeling positive and optimistic toward the day, the day so far as been kinda a string of absences. Plus I mean, what would any birthday be, without a little cake?

oh ok I'm sorry. (no i'm really not) I am intrinsically no good.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home